Tuesday 18 August 2020

Focaccia -Two Ways

 

Focaccia 



Focaccia- Two Ways
https://youtu.be/UJcj1GlWOHE


You don’t need to make your own dough for this recipe, but I prefer my own to store bought pizza dough. 

Focaccia is thick and crunchy and I use my pizza dough recipe to make it. You can find my pizza dough recipe by following the link below. This recipe makes two 12 x 17sheet pans focaccias.

How to Make the Best Pizza Dough
https://youtu.be/mC3SmzgyfO0

Whether you make your own or buy it they both need to rise a second time in the baking pan. That’s what makes it thick. It takes about 30 minutes for this second rising.

Dimple it with your fingers and it’s ready to top with your ingredients. 

For the tomato one, I need two garden tomatoes to fill a 12 x 17 sheet pan. I begin by covering the dough with mozzarella cheese, vegan or regular. Top cheese with sliced tomatoes. Top tomatoes with more cheese. Drizzle with your best olive oil. I use extra virgin olive oil. And top with salt and pepper if you like.

Bake in 425 oven for 25 minutes or until bottom crust is nicely golden.

When tomato pizza is out of oven,  top it with a chiffonade of fresh basil. Refer to my video to learn how to chiffonade. (Cutting your fresh basil into strips).

For the Rosemary focaccia, dimple the dough with your fingers and evenly drizzle olive oil over the top of dough. Top with chopped Rosemary, as much as you like. I love Rosemary, so I put lots. Salt liberally and put into oven, same as above.

Focaccia is versatile. You can make sandwiches with it. Stuff with prosciutto or capicollo and you have a delicious lunch😋.


No comments: