Tuesday 17 March 2020

Italian Potato Salad, Egg Free, Dairy Free


Italian Potato Salad, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Vegan - No mayonnaise 

Italian Potato Salad, Egg Free, Dairy Free
https://youtu.be/T51hAMg2hPI


This is a family favourite! You can eat it warm or make ahead and store it in the refrigerator.

I would normally make this using fresh herbs from my garden but I am tired of winter and want to bring some green into my kitchen. I do grow basil and parsley indoors so I have fresh herbs all winter long. I can also purchase fresh herbs from my grocery store. If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can certainly used all dried herbs which you can find all year round.

Ingredients:

5 Medium potatoes - peeled and chopped then boiled in salted water, about 1 tsp of salt.
3 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsps red wine vinegar
2 tbsps each of your freshly chopped herbs: basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, and sliced green onion
If using dried herbs, then add 1 tsp of each.
Salt and pepper to taste
You can use any kind of potato and you have the option of keeping the skin on if you like. I tend to keep the skin on when using red potatoes. It looks very nice!
Keep track of the potatoes when boiling. Potato needs to be well cooked but not overcooked as it will fall apart. I begin checking after 10 minutes of boiling. It usually takes 15 minutes to cook if your potato chunks are larger in size.
Drain and rinse with cold water. This will stop the cooking process. The potatoes don’t have to be cold.
Now at this point, you can add all of the ingredients, stir and eat it warm! Delicious.
Or, you can let it cool and refrigerate and save for later use. If you allow it to sit, the potatoes have time to soak in all of the flavours!


No comments: