Friday 27 March 2020

How to Cook Rapini

How to cook Rapini / Broccoli Raab









How to Cook Rapini
https://youtu.be/aLEtPUCXkVM



Eating more Greens!

Many people avoid this very healthy green because they find it too bitter. However, this method of cooking will remove some of the bitterness and your whole family will love it.
First, begin by buying a bunch of rapini that does not have yellow flowers and the leaves are green and fresh looking.
I soak them then wash them thoroughly, removing and discarding any damaged or browning leaves.
I then trim each bunch by cutting off the bottom of the stem and then splitting the stem in half for even cooking.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and throw in the rapini. When the water returns to a boil, cook for 3 minutes. This precooking removes some, if not most, of the bitterness. I like some bitterness so I taste the rapini before I drain them.
I finish cooking the rapini by draining them and returning the rapini back to the pot with some leftover rapini water. To the rapini I add one teaspoon salt, pepper to taste, 3 to 4 extra virgin olive oil, or more, and  2 Bay Leaves.
I continue to simmer slowly for another 5 minutes or so until they are tender.
If you are not sure about rapini or tasted in the past but did not like it due to its bitterness, try this recipe.......you will love

No comments: